• Bookkeeper / Administrative Assistant
After more than 26 years working in legal and accounting businesses, Gennet McKinney has a wealth of experience that makes her an invaluable member of the The Crone Law Firm, PLC team. In addition to educational courses in accounting and bookkeeping, Gennet has attained her Certified Professional Secretary certificate and a Business Office Training Course certificate. She is a proud member of the National Bookkeepers Association and is also a Notary at Large.
Originally from Booneville, MS, Gennet now resides in Atoka, TN. An active member of the community, Gennet volunteers for the Memphis Oral School for the Deaf and also serves in the nursery at her church. When she is not working, she enjoys reading, sewing, knitting, fishing and spending time with her daughter, two sons and her seven grandchildren.
Her favorite aspect about working at The Crone Law Firm? Seeing our clients get the results they deserve. And, working with a true team that pulls together to help in the process.
Most influential person: My dad. He was filled with wisdom and advice on life that has proven helpful many times over the years.
Favorite sports team to root for: The Memphis Grizzlies. Who else?
Something about you many people do not know: A few years ago, I competed in a ballroom dance competition and won 2nd place!
- Good communication skills – oral and written with legal and medical terminology
- Advance Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), QuickBooks, ProSystem fx (tax preparation program), Practice Creative Solutions (time and billing program)
- Tax knowledge, bookkeeping and accounting experience from years of experience in the field
OTHER: Certified Professional Secretary Certificate (CPS) Notary Public at Large
The Crone Law Firm, PLCBookkeeper/Administrative Assistant
2/2011 – Present (Part-time) Self-Employed
- Bookkeeping from my home for a few clients
Bethany K. Huffman, CPA – Office Manager/Bookkeeper/Admin
2/2012 – 1/2013
Enter and prepare monthly bookkeeping using Quick Books for 16+ clients including
- Monthly financial reports – Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, and Statement of Cash Flow
- Prepare weekly payroll, direct deposits and federal tax deposit via EFTPS
- Prepare after-the-fact payroll for calculation of monthly federal tax deposit via EFTPS
- Prepare quarterly payroll tax – Form 941, FUTA and SUTA
- Prepare year end W-3 and W-2s, 1096 and 1099s
- Prepare and efile monthly sales tax returns
- Prepare and efile annual business tax returns
- Prepare personal property tax returns and annual reports
- Create invoices and print monthly statements for client
- Assist receptionist with phone, filing and processing of tax returns
While working in this position I implemented the following:
- A more organized filing system
- Enhanced phone messages system for better communication
- Created a user friendly spreadsheet for tracking of tax returns
- Executed the use of Outlook Contacts to include as much client data as possible
- Setup of due date calendar for all tax returns
- Cleaned up folders/directories on server so that files are easier to locate
Bell Internal Medicine & Associates PLC – Office Manager/Bookkeeper
2/2011 – 2/2012 (Part-time)
- Prepare bi-monthly payroll for 10 employees and make federal payroll deposits
- Retain all human resource files
- All processes of accounts payable: enter in QuickBooks, print checks, talk to vendors, mail, setup electronic payments, etc.
- Balance monthly bank statements
- Make daily bank deposits
- Assist doctor in keeping credentials up-to-date according to state regulations and as requested by insurance companies.
- Backup to receptionist answering phones, checking in patients and scheduling appointments.
- Assist with inventory and restocking of office supplies
The Marston Group, PLC (CPA Firm) – Office Administrator/Administrative Assistant
11/2007 – 2/2011
- Accounts payable – enter all payables into QuickBooks and print checks
- Accounts receivable – post all check to appropriate client accounts, daily bank deposit (remotely and manually), record deposit into QuickBooks and journal entries
- Create invoices from daily, weekly and monthly billing worksheets
- Assess service charges and mail out monthly statements
- Enter time and run daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Assist professional staff with client bank reconciliations and journal entries
- Process tax returns (federal, state, payroll, sales, business and property)
- Maintain client data base (entry and setup of new clients, etc.)
- Contact for all office equipment, copiers, faxes, printers, etc.
- Inventory, order and stock office supplies
- Answer phone and back up to receptionist
- General office duties – coping, filing, etc.
Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz – Legal Secretary
5/2007 – 11/2007
- Transcribe – Letters, Wills, Trusts, Agreements, Emails and other documents
- Assemble and process trust and estate tax returns for mailing to IRS
- Process mail, Cover phone, Organize files and filing and other general office duties
Financial Strategy Group (CPA Firm) – Executive Assistant/Tax Paraprofessional
9/2003 – 5/2007
- Draft and Prepare correspondence to clients and IRS
- Create and work with numerous spread sheet lists, calculations and tickler files
- Contact Clients to Schedule financial and investment planning sessions
- Prepare Individual (1040) Tax Returns, quarterly payroll tax returns and annual reports
- Process tax returns to be delivered to clients as well as filed with taxing authorities.
- Create legal binders of original documents: Wills, Power of Attorney, Living Wills, Trusts, etc.
Hilton Hotels Corporation/ Tax Compliance Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
(Formerly known as Promus Hotels Corporation)
7/1992 – 3/2001
- Administrative duties for Vice President of Corporate Tax and Payroll, Director, two managers and six staff accountants
- Prepare and file annual reports for all legal entities (approximately 500/year)
- Process state and federal tax returns for mailing to appropriate taxing authorities
- Assist with preparation of estimated payments, and state and federal tax returns
- Maintain files and database of all tax returns and estimated payments
- Journal entries (AS400), accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Order supplies for the department
Prentiss County Vo-Tech School, Booneville, MS
- Business Office Training (certificate)
Itawamba Community College, Tupelo, MS Campus
- Surgical Technician Course 1976-77
Southwest TN Community College, Memphis, TN
- Computer Classes